Friday, August 1, 2008

Tests...

Lara is at her last day of summer recreation today. They are having a big picnic behind the town hall. She got all excited when she saw they had an inflatable slide there. On a scary note I saw a small child wandering from the group so I went after it. Turned out to be a little girl that was separated from her mommy. She was about a year and a half to two years old. She had rounded a fence so she was out of sight from the group but I saw her do it so I went after her. I brought her back to the group and sure enough her mommy was there and frantically looking for her. It was great to see them reunited. They were both so scared. I remember what it was like to loose Lara in Macys that day and was so happy someone took care of her. Being a parent is not an easy job.

Later on I have the EEG with her. I had tem done as a baby and child so I know how scary they can be. I remember thinking that I was going to get a shock from the wires. I also remember how awful it was when my mom had to shampoo out the glue after the test. I think though that they have a kinder gentler glue that isn’t as bad as when I was a child. I mean after all that was 40 years ago.

After Lara's EEG we have my MRI. They are only a couple of hours apart and a few blocks from each other so we will take Lara with us to the MRI. I think she will be OK with that, as she wanted to go to the hospital with me when I got my EKG and cried when we said no. She had me take her “Little Einstein” dolls June and Leo with me to the tests for support so I did have them when I took the test. I think the test itself should be OK. I am not crazy about going in that tunnel, but I don’t want to be a fussy patient so I will just try to be calm. Hopefully they will find out why I am getting the pain in my back and mid drift as well as my neck and head.

Wish me luck!!!!

No comments: