Sunday, August 31, 2008

Some fun...

Friday I had my MRI at the hospital. All went well. It was funny as this time I had this mirror devise that I could see out of the tube with. Well I look over at the techs and they are gabbing away, talking with their hands and having a great time. It was like seeing an episode of “House” where they show them doing MRI’s and just talking away barely paying attention to the patient. After I just went home and hung out. Later on we went to target to get stuff for my mom.

Saturday we went to one of my brother’s for a party for my mom. Her birthday is today. Anyway he has a pool that is not heated. Lara wanted to go in and I tried but it was soooooo cold. I couldn’t do it. She was so sad. I caved and went in. She finds out how cold it is and can’t go in. She can’t get past her mid calf on the ladder. So what does she do? She goes on a raft and has me push her around. She is nice and warm and I am the one in the freezing water. It was funny. I got used to the cold in a few minutes and so it was OK. Later Anthony joined us on the tour of the pool. I had to give them one day of fun this summer.
It was nice to see so many people. I have been so alone all summer I wasn’t used to it. I really have been isolated as most days I just see Greg and the children. Unless I have a test then I see my parents before and after and the techs. Kind of lonely. I wish I lived closer to my family that way I could get more support. I did get a package with a lovely card and chocolates that brightened up my day! They arrived on Saturday I think.
Today is my mom’s birthday. Maybe we will pop by over there. I want to spend time with her.

Greg has been a poop today. He got up first only after I pointed out that I was sick and got up early two days in a row for the children. He gave them breakfast but the decided to fix the faucet instead of getting ready for church! During this time there was nothing but yelling and arguing so much for my sleep in day. When he sleeps late I keep the children quiet. So I got both children ready. After church he plops on the couch! I get the children their play clothes on and their lunch. He just sits there watching TV!!!! Now does he see to it that they eat? Nope too busy watching "Willy Wonka". Ugh I am getting mad!

No comments: