Wednesday, August 27, 2008

More Tests and School...

Monday I did my best to try to relax but there was the laundry to do. Also the children were just not in a good mood and so were extra bad. At one point during the day Anthony knocked over the TV set in the living room. Or big set is broken for some time now and so we are using my old 13” set. It is very special to me as it was a gift from my mom and dad and so I was upset when it fell and yelled at him. The set works still (guardian angel working extra overtime?) but I feel bad about yelling. I think we all have a bit of cabin fever. Later on my FIL came over and took them to the near by park. We also set up all the test I have to do this week to determine how bad the Sarcoidosis is. I was able to get my parents to baby sits all of the days. One of the tests requires that I get radio active material in me so it is actually a good thing that I am not pregnant. Sad as that is to write.

Tuesday we went to get an Echo cardio gram to see if the Sarcoidosis has spread to my heart. I don’t know the results yet but it was interesting to see my heart on the monitor beating away. I never knew it had fluxations in the valves. I always thought they were just solid flaps but there is a wiggle to them. Live and learn. I also got the radioactive stuff in me. They will do the scan with that on Thursday, as it needs two days in me to spread out. They told me it will be gone in a week, but right now I just feel like a freak with this stuff in me. I just don’t feel right at all. KWIM? Later on we took Lara for her school physical. Her old doctor has not yet forwarded her immunization records! We switched in April! So we are royally messed up as she is away until September 8th. What pediatrician goes on vacation on the last weeks of august until after the first weeks of September? What about her patients and their school physicals? Something is just not right. We now have to wait until September 2nd when the school nurse comes back. She can copy the record we gave her last year and we can bring them to the doctor. Then he can give the shots she need so she can go to school. I have to set up an appointment for September 2nd. It will be tight. On a happy note we bought her some back to school clothing last night. They are really cute. We got a few dresses and some long sleeved shirts. Her current jeans are good for now.

My eye is hurting again and is all blurry. If I am late on the pain meds my back hurts. My regular doctor gave me my last script for Percocet. He wants me to go to a pain management doctor. What ever that is. I tried to set up an appointment yesterday, but they said they had to call me back. They haven’t so far. I am just not feeling good today at all. Tired, achy and blurry vision. I have no tests today but I do tomorrow and Friday. None of which will look at my back which is the pain that launched all these tests. I think I am the only one that finds it strange that the one complaint I had back in may has yet to be addressed. Ugh when will someone address the painful area?????

No comments: