Thursday, September 4, 2008

Busy days...

Things are not well with my incision from the biopsy. Unfortunately it is now infected and oozing (sorry if TMI). So now I have to keep a band aid and antibacterial ointment on it during the day. At night I air it out with just a dab of ointment. It is also very itchy and a tiny bit painful.

This week has been so busy! Monday was a lazy day for us, but Greg was home so he kept me from the computer. We ended up going to visit my parents in Pearl River and staying for dinner. We ordered pizza from a local place in Nanuet. It is sooooo good. They make everything themselves so it is not like any other pizza place as most buy the ingredients and just put them together. Not there they make it all home made and I love it. We all had a nice time there.

Tuesday we had the meeting to get all the information about Lara's schedule. She will be in class most of the day but pulled for Math and English. She will be then in a small group with two other students so she will get a lot of personal attention. Later on we rushed the vaccine record to the doctor and got her shots. Turned out all she needed was a chicken pox update. I was happy they did not charge a co pay for the shots as we had already paid a co pay with the exam. I am positive the old doctor would have charged us. I love the new place. Later Greg wanted to go to do “something fun” outside. Well with my eye I just can’t do it. So he stayed in too. I mean why? I finally told him off. All last year I managed to take the two children to their favorite park by myself. I would walk there and back (about a mile, but uphill from us and a steep hill at that). All he had to do was to take the car, but he didn’t want to go alone. Ugh. We finally all went at 5 PM. We stayed a long time and by the time we got home I was exhausted. I got Greg to give the children a bath while I went to sleep. I was only going to take a short snooze, but slept through the night instead.

Wednesday I was up early to mark all of Lara’s school supplies. Greg slept late (big surprise there!) and slowed things down a bit. Lara was not very wiling to go to school. She didn’t want to get dressed or eat her breakfast. I tried to get her excited with her new school supplies but that just didn’t work. Later on we were a little late for school. She made it in time for line up but just as they were going in two seconds after we went in line. Greg was still parking the car. Well she had a fit and refused to go in. She was screaming and crying so I had to get her alone as to try to keep things as private as possible (although everyone was staring at that point). She refused to go in. Greg showed up and I wanted him to help. He had Anthony though and so stayed away! Ugh! Tanks Hun! NOT! Anyway so eventually I get her in the office. She still says she will miss me and she wants to stay with me. The office lady takes her to class and when she got back said Lara was fine by the time they got to the classroom. When we went to pick her up she shouted that she hated us and ran away! Poor Greg was there with a camera and what we got was her yelling at us!

During the day we took Anthony to the doctor as he said his back hurt. He fell from the windowsill last week and according to him his back still hurt. I didn’t know at the time he had fallen so far. I thought it was just the toy box but I guess he has done that enough so he has to move higher up now. It is high and our floors are cement so it can cause damage. When we got to the doctor though he was sooo happy he got to play with the toys there. I started to think he only said his back hurt to get to the toys. Greg thinks not, but I think so. I also had an eye exam last night. The doctor said my eye is getting better even though the drops hurt more to put in. So now I am on one drop a day and so can drive again!!!! My right eye is not all blurred out. A little out of focus but not all blurred out. I am happy about that. Later on we had ice cream at a local place that makes it home made and home made whipped cream. Very tasty!

This morning things did not go smoothly. At least Lara stayed on line and went in with her class. All I had to do was stand by her but there were no tears. I kept trying to move away but to no avail she would pull me back to her. Oh well at least it was progress over yesterday. Again Greg slept late. I just don’t know how to get him out of bed on time. He had the whole summer where all he had to do was get himself ready and so is spoiled. He wakes up late and messes everything up. Do they sell cattle prods on e-bay?

Later on today I have the appointment that will give me the results from last week’s tests. Wish me luck!

No comments: