Saturday, November 1, 2008

Lunch date!!!

Yesterday was very busy as it was also laundry day. So I did all the laundry, baked cookies (they were in a package but I cut them in half and added my own frosting to make “Oreos”) baked pumpkin seeds and got the children ready for the holiday. Lara went to school as usual and Greg worked at home. I picked Lara up for lunch, fed her and got her back to school for a costume parade. My parents came down to see it and to spend time with us. My dad was edgy to get back to his leaf raking though. Anyway after the parade Lara had her party at school and we went home. After school we spent time all together before my parents left to go home for dinner and leaf raking. Anthony was a bumble bee, Lara and I were lady bugs and Greg was “Father Guido” from “Saturday Night Live”. We were an interesting group. We went Trick or Treating at about six. We only went to about half our block and finished at seven. The last house was Greg’s dads house were we spent a lot of time. I left to check on the candy left at our door and there was a huge group that hadn’t seen the bowl so I am glad I go there when I did. I gave out the candy and they all said they liked my decorations. I have a lot of lights up. A car even stopped in the street and said nice decorations! After that I stayed at home and gave out candy and we had a lot of Trick or Treaters this year so it was fun.

Today I have the lunch with the ladies in the big city. I am excited and nervous at the same time as I rarely go to New York City. I feel like such a country bumpkin there, and am still affected by 9/11 so I just usually dint go there. Greg’s sister and dad will watch the children while we are out. His sister has games planned and lunch all set up so they should have a good time as well.

No comments: