Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting Day...

I already voted so that is done with. There was a small line but nothing big. I had to wait twice though as I never know what district I am in. Ugh my brain amazes me sometimes, and not in a good way. Anywho so the dye is cast so to say.

Lara is home from school today so we are going to try to do something fun. I am not feeling so well so I think the leaves raking is out. I think I might be able to entertain them with board games and cookie baking. Hopefully that will work.

I am just feeling very run down today. My mom called last night and told me that she is going to spend thanksgiving in Colorado with my brother Dan. Why she had to call me I don’t know. She could have waited on this. So there will be no Thanksgiving for us as my brothers the last time they did this went out to an expansive restaurant. They didn’t bother to invite us because it was over $100 a plate and they know we can’t afford to spend $400 on a dinner so they “spared” us. So kind right? So we went to his cousins, but that was weird, as they wanted to do a kiddy only table. Well I want to eat with my children and as they were the only children it seemed strange to have twenty on one table and two on the other. Also the table was a bar table with bar stool so it was four plus feet off of the floor! This was two years ago so Anthony was only two. They got mad at me when I said I thought it was not safe for him to be up that high. They just expected me to do whatever they wanted. That does not sit with me at all. First and foremost I am the mother and will do what I feel comfortable with, not what other want me to do. KWIM? Any who we will probably just have a meal here alone. Not sure what I will make as I am not making a turkey as only Greg and Anthony would eat it. Not to mention I am a vegetarian o I really don’t want to handle raw turkey. I really wish mom hadn’t called.

Off to entertain the children. Wish me luck.

No comments: