Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Eyes getting better...

Well the steroids are kicking in finally after one week of taking them. My wyes are still double but so close that I can now drive! This is great because Greg worked at home this weekend and I went to my parent’s house with the children. My niece and nephew were staying for the weekend and so I took advantage and was able to get the cousins together. I can drive during the day but not so at night yet and not on major highways.

Sunday I went to church with Lara as Greg was working and then to her CCD class. She had no crying when I left as the teachers got her involved right away and I took off as soon as I could. She was mad though when I picked her up that I had left her there. Later on we had fire safety behind borough hall. I was exhausted and went to bed early while Greg made hot dogs.

Monday I went back to my mom and dad’s house for more cousin time. This is one of my brother’s children that live two hours north of us so we rarely go there. Having them nearer was great, but makes me wish we hadn’t moved so far south of everyone. All the relatives around me here are his and I do not get along with them very well. One aunt refuses to write my children’s name right on their birthday cards! They have hyphenated names and all they put down is Greg’s name! The other writes in my name but misspells it so badly it is pathetic. I mean after six years why can’t they get the name right?

So now I can see better because of the drugs, but it comes with a price. I have to take extra calcium and vitamin D to keep the bone density loss down. I have to have my blood sugar tested to see if I am turning diabetic, and I could get a big face and gain weight. I am not sure about that last one as the drugs are making me nauseous and so I throw up a lot. I can not see how I could throw up so much and gain weight. I am also very tired all the time as I am still anemic.

No comments: