Friday, June 13, 2008

I just can't take it anymore...

I had some blood work done last week at the OB/GYN, as my regular doctor could not find out why I am tired all the time. Well the OB/GYN tested my blood and came up with Epstein - Barr virus in my blood at a significant level to show it is “active”. I am going back on Tuesday to test again to see if the levels go up or down so we know if I am at the front end of this or the tail end. When I asked if this would cause me not to get pregnant she said that it would while I am active. That even if an egg got fertilized that my body would reject it. So it looks like nothing I can do will make a baby until I am out of this mess. I was told all I can do is eat right, get plenty of sleep and try to avoid stress. The last part is just not happening. My DD’s having problems in school, and has frequent infections that we are treating, eating disorder, etc. My DS although normally OK swallowed a penny yesterday and so I am stressed if that will come out in time or will they have to remove it. Apparently when I gave him the shinny penny it was the worse thing I could have done, as the newer pennies are only copper clad and so when gets eroded exposes zinc underneath which can cause ulcers. So that thing has to get out by today or tomorrow. If by Monday no penny we have to have him X-rayed again to see how far it traveled. So I am under stress that I am not dealing with very well. Anyone else have this? I read that 95% of adults have a presence of this and it only becomes an issue when it flares up. So I am thinking someone else has had to have this here.

It is what happens after one has Mono which is traditionally the “kissing disease”, but if one gets it in child hood they usually have no symptoms like you do as a teenager or adult and so never know they have it. I think I must have gotten it as a child as I never was diagnosed with Mono, and I haven’t had that many boyfriends to get Mono. I just didn’t have that much fun.

No comments: