Friday, July 18, 2008

UGH!!!!!!!.......

Wednesday was my prep day for the colonoscopy. They decided that my taking the Alieve was no problem as long as I didn’t take anymore. I didn’t eat anything past 9 AM but that was not an issue as my appetite is not very good and for once I was not nagged when I didn’t eat. There is always a plus to everything and that was it for me. Anyway I had to drink this liquid that I mixed with 6 oz of water. I knew it would be awful so I chugged it. I then had two full glasses of water. To put it as delicately as possible the bathroom was my room for the remainder of the evening. The next day (Thursday) I had to get up at 3:30 and down another one. It was painful as I hadn’t taken my med but I thought if I took my pill first the liquid Plummer would flush it through me so I waited and hour for it to leave my stomach and took it at 4:35. I was supposed to stop all liquids at 4:30 but to heck with it. Anyway they knocked me out for the procedure. They had asked me when my last period was and I couldn’t remember! They wouldn’t do the procedure until I peed in a cup and they did a pregnancy rest on me! I said I was tested negative in the hospital the week before but that was no good. Then I remembered I am on like CD 3. Ugh my brain is gone. The nurse was mad at me for that. Anyway so I was knocked out cold for the procedure and woke up in the recovery room. I felt awful. Greg took me home. He wanted me to eat but I was so sleepy I couldn’t so I slept most of the day. The pain was awful last night and the pain pills aren’t working so well anymore. I think I need something else now. My hematologist appointment is today at three. My mom and dad will watch the children while Greg takes me there. The doctor that did the colonoscopy told me before I left tat they didn’t find anything. I am confused as years ago I was told I had colitis which has caused me a lot of pain and now he found nothing. Anyway so he says that my low iron is from my menstruating! Ugh again with the menstruating! I said that it didn’t account for my degenerated lymph nodes or pain and he had nothing to say to me after that.

I just want to get well. I just worry I won’t and will leave my children way too young with only their father.

No comments: