Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A new week.......

The birthday weekend went well. Although for a while the children were arguing a bit too much on my birthday so I kicked them all out of the house so I could shower in peace. We all went to Legal Seafood with my parents. We do that every year, and had a great time. I had a lobster roll as always. I also ordered a glass of chardonnay which caused quite the stir. I had a few sips and gave the rest to my mom. It was just nice to get a few sips on my birthday and it was so little that it didn’t do anything bad to me. My mom wants to go to lunch with me when I get better just the two of us. I am excited about that. Greg gave me the hard books of “Little House” that I have been reading as of late. The children also picked out some books for me. One was a touch and feel book on animals. All in all it was fun.

On Lara's birthday we went to see “Wally” at the movies. I thought it was lame and only had about thirty minutes of plot that they stretched to become a full length movie, but the children enjoyed it. Later on we went to a restaurant called “The Iron Horse” it is decorated with trains and Lara loves it. We went with my parents and Greg’s dad and sister. We had cake at home and opened gifts. Once again his sister basically ignored everything we suggested about not getting her and Lara literally cried when she opened some up. Maybe that will wake her up? She got her “Spin Art” which is paint that you drop on a canvas. Probably take about five minutes to destroy the living room. A jewelry making kit with small parts for Anthony to eat. We had said no small parts do to the recent penny problem but I guess she feels she knows best. Lara hates jewelry and cried when she opened that up. She also bought this white lacey fru fru top that Lara said she didn’t like. When I looked at her she said “but it is plain white” which is true but covered in lace with this lace flowing thing going down the middle. I just knew when I saw it that Lara would hate it. I just don’t understand her. I mean why do all this? She called and asked this year which I thought was great as she never did that before, but then she ignored what we said to her. She made Lara cry to boot so maybe now she gets it? She is so self centered sometimes I just want to cut her off entirely, but the children love her which is probably why Lara got hurt so much. I guess she thought that her aunt would know her better.

The biopsy is scheduled for tomorrow at 1 PM. My parents will sit here with the children. I am having second thoughts about this and am not sure I want to have an ugly scar on my throat for all to see.

No comments: