Wednesday, May 7, 2008

In The Two Week Wait!

Finally a chance to type out what is going on!

Anthony is doing well. He loves to go to story time at the library. The biggest problem is today is the last one. We missed most of them, as I didn’t know they were going on. I feel so stupid about that. I did check a few times but never found anything so I gave up. I should have kept looking. His eating is not so good and he takes forever to chew anything. So meals take a long time. He actually takes longer than Lara to eat. He does love to work with his alphabet, numbers and small words so in that he is improving.

Lara’s bladder infections for the moment are gone. The low dosage antibiotics are keeping them away. Hopefully when we stop them they will stay away. Her eating is doing better. She is eating more and at a good pace. Textures still are a problem with her but as long as we give her soft foods she is good with eating. He school work is awful though. She barely gets anything done and so the teacher sends it home with her. We finish up what she didn’t do and any homework she has. It is a lot of work and I am getting tired. At this point I am wondering if I should just pull her from school and wing it at home. I mean we do so much here as it is. To me if I did her work here at least we would free up her nights. KWIM? The evaluator will be here tomorrow at 3:30 to see how she works at home. I have to clean the house before she comes.

Greg is OK. His birthday is Monday. He is turning 43 this year. He is such a pain to shop for though. I know I can’t pick out any clothes for him, as he has to try it all on. Even if he buys multiple of the same shirt in different colors he tries them all on. He has to feel them and see how the shade works with him. Me I grab and go. So all he asked for was a book. Simple right? Except it is out of print an unavailable even at E-Bay! So now he says gift card, but how beat is that? Not to mention that will open the door for him giving me gift cards which I hate to get. I don’t think they are bad if you are giving it to someone you are not close to but a spouse?

I am in the two week wait and so really can’t do anything at this point. I am just happy I don’t have to deal with the cup and getting Greg to fill it. It is such a pain to do as he usually says how tottered he is that night! I am just tired all the time. I wake up feeling I am hung over and just can’t get out of bed. At night all I want to do is go to bed and relax. I went to a PTO meeting at my daughter’s school and I personally think they are all doing drugs. Al they do is kvetch about how they do all the work while most parents do nothing. They also complained about parents not contributing to the class fund. They act like everyone has all this money to dish out. We don’t so I don’t pay. I am making two batches of cup cakes for two different parties that is my contribution. I also buy my own gifts for the teacher and my DD does not eat the pizza they buy for parties. Why do they spend so much money doing these things? Now they are going to have every child make a painting and then frame them. Then they will have an “art show” where you can buy them at $29.99! Ugh another forced donation! We just don’t have that kind of money and they expect this stuff every month or so. Buy this, buy that does it ever stop? I mean do they really need to have pizza parties at school? I never did and didn’t feel cheated for the lack of it.

No comments: