Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter...

Easter week was busy for me. Wednesday I baked cup cakes for Lara’s class as they had their “spring party “on Thursday. I had the religious group Wednesday night so I did the cup cakes when I got home. I was up until 2 AM doing that. I made little caterpillars out of M&M’s and icing. Thursday was the vigil of which I showed up late because I got the time messed up and also at the last minute Lara wanted to go so I had to dress her as she was in her PJ’s. Friday I was able to go to the 3 PM mass solo as Greg worked from home. I also went to the vigil solo on Saturday which was good as it was three hours long and the children would not have lasted that one out. Earlier in the day Greg said he wanted to make a big spread for his dad and sister the next morning! I got mad as when we were going to do all that he wanted. I mean I had a lot to do both that night and the next morning. He thought we could do it the same way we did Christmas but he forgot that we went to mass on Christmas Eve. On Easter morning we had to go to church at ten thirty and his dad and sister were coming at noon. So when did I have time to cook? We got a dozen bagels and some fancy spread (cream cheese and lox, cream cheese and olives) from the bagel shop instead. I had to help my mom set up for Easter dinner at her house that day also. On the way home Lara got sick in the car and so we had to pull over and clean her and the seat up. I almost didn’t make it to the vigil.

Turned out that we all got up early on Easter morning. The children were excited and so got up at 6:30! So the day started out great. Greg however dawdled and did not get into the shower. He also didn’t get to cleaning the seat for a long time. I said I would do it but he said he would, but then he didn’t move. Needless to say we didn’t make 10:30 mass. We changed the time with his dad and sister from noon to 11 AM. I thought they would stay awhile since we moved the time up. They however said they had to go at 11:15 to pick up Greg’s aunt to take her to a cousins house that they were going to for Easter dinner! I mean WTF? They were supposed to come 45 minutes later so were they planning on not coming at all? They didn’t have even one bagel so I am glad we did not make a huge spread for them. I think they are very rude for that. They came over for about ten minutes, never sat down, never ate or drank anything, and then left. I would never do that to anyone.

No comments: