Monday, April 6, 2009

Busy, busy, busy...

Super busy trying to get ready for Easter. The shows went well this past weekend once they started. On Friday though we had an instrument out that I did not know about until five minutes before curtain. So I had to change the lamp with the audience looking on! The stage crew set up the ladder but then they left. It was also on two different levels so I adjusted that and an audience member came up and held it while I changed the lamp. Of coarse that was not the problem so I ended up switching out the entire unit. That had it own problems as it was on a side arm so that too had to be adjusted before I put on the new instrument and then out back into place. All in all it delayed the show some twenty minutes and the lighting shop is downstairs. I did a lot of running up and down the stairs so I got a good workout and slept like a log that night. I am just not as strong as I used to be. I was surprised though that I had no problems putting in the lamp. Usually I do as it is a twist lock and you can not touch the glass, but Friday I had no problems with it. Saturday and Sunday went without incident

I have to get some more Easter stuff and also some stuff for Lara at the hospital. I am thinking that coloring books and jig saw puzzles would be good as the require you to be quiet and still. The thing is I have to go shopping alone and that I just not easy to do with Anthony at home 24/7. Also with the cold rain my Sarcoidosis is just acting up something awful. I woke up feeling hung-over even though I didn’t touch a drop yesterday.

Lara had her usually awful screaming morning. Nothing new there. Anthony woke up earlier than usual. He had a bad dream and ended up in our bed last night. Well this morning he anted breakfast in bed. Our bed that is. Greg didn’t go for that though and so the boys were mad at each other.

I switched my lights finally from Saint Patrick’s Day to Easter, but have yet to hang the plastic eggs that I usually do. I just can not get the energy to do it. I also have to do laundry but can do that either. So not a great day for me here. I have to go get Lara early as it is rainy and so everyone goes early. If I showed up at the usual time I would be far from school. I honestly wonder if some of them just stay there all day! What ever, KWIM? I did manage to hook up our new TV. My parent got a new TV from my brothers and so gave us their old one. Their old one is newer than the one we have so it is an upgrade for us. It is bigger and has connections for a DVD so it is a good thing. Now all I have to do is get Greg to get it on the TV stand with me and we will be all set!

Greg and I actually snuggled a little this past weekend which was a nice surprise for me. Hopefully it will not be a one time thing.

1 comment:

Squirrel said...

Honey you sound happier in this post than you have for a long time - I'm so glad! Good luck with Lara in the hospital. xx