Thursday, March 5, 2009

Life goes on...

Lara is now on a new drug called Vyvance. She was sick all of last week and missed a lot of school. She was coughing and running huge temperatures of around 103-104. By Friday she seemed to be coming down, but on the weekend she got worse. This week she missed Monday because of a snow day. Tuesday we kept her home because Monday she had a fever of 101. The school wants them out the day after they have a temperature over 100. Finally yesterday (Wednesday) she went back to school but got sick so I took her home at 9:30. Her doctor said her new meds had to be given in capsule form or opened up in water only. She also has to have food with it. Well she refuses to take it in water so we gave it to her in capsule form. She refused so I had to force it in her. I put it back on her tongue until her swallowing reflux took over. I was taught that by a vet when I had to give pills to my cat. Anyway needless to say she screamed at me and was very upset and was crying and yelling on how awful a mommy I am. Shortly after going to school she threw up. I asked the nurse what to do and she said I could put it in food so today I put it in pudding and she ate it, but again she yelled and cried afterward and called ma a mean mommy. She still has a cough today so not sure when I will be called to take her home.

Anthony is ill and has been since Friday. He spiked some scary temperatures this past weekend of 104-105. I took him to the doctor on Monday and was told it was a virus and to wait it out. Today his fever is low grade so I think he is coming out of it. He still has a cough though. He is bored at staying at home but I can’t take him out now that he is so sick. Even though his fever is low grade I want to keep him in a day or so more to keep it tat way.

I still have pain in the mid drift and am tired all the time. I am trying to fast for lent but it is hard this year. My lent fast means that I eat one meal a day. Usually I only have a cup of coffee in the morning and water throughout the day, but this year I am having soda as well to get some sugar during the day. I have to find a new doctor as this is just too much. Also Greg is pressuring me to get a job, as the bills are not getting paid. I just don’t know when I can work. The only time that I could go is when Greg is at home so I have to see what kind of night job I can get.

I went away last weekend on a religious retreat with Greg. The children stayed across the street with their Poppy and Aunt Debbie. They had quite a handful on the weekend with the two of them getting sick. They called us when Anthony had the 105 temperature but after giving Motrin it quickly went down. The weekend was good. We got a chance to be away from the children and learned a lot about our faith. Some I had already known, but some was new. They did a lot of the background of the last supper and how it intertwines with the Passover Seder. I had already been to a Seder so I already knew that stuff. A lot of people were not that familiar with it so it was good that they taught it. I had bought bibles for Greg and I before going. I bought a bible and separate cover for Greg. The cover is black and has a handle and pocket, and is about 10”x 7”. Mine is smaller about 8”x5”. It is green and has a self zipper cover. Both are the American St. Josephs edition. I started reading mine on the weekend and am up to Joseph in Egypt. I like to read a little everyday. Everything was calm on the retreat but coming home was awful.

When we got home both children had fevers. Lara had 103 and Anthony had 104. We took them home in their PJ’s. Good thing we only had to cross the street. Then when I got home a member of a church group “Cornerstone” had multiple messages for me. Apparently she thought we were meeting on Saturday morning and she was angry I didn’t show up. She left messages throughout the day. She finally dumped bags of curtains on my stoop and left a message for me to open my door and get it. She must have thought I was screening all her calls and was home. She said she know we were home because the mini van was in the drive way. Well we took Greg’s car, and the children being so sick stayed in their Poppy’s house all weekend so where would the mini van go? Anyway my FIL saw the pile and brought it in the house as nothing says no one is home like a pile of junk on your stoop. So she comes by later and sees the stuff gone and then calls again at 11:30 PM to yell at me as she now knows I am home as how else could the pile move? She got cut off after yelling the maximum time for a message. She called right back and before she could say much the time was full and again she got cut off. So she probably thinks I hung up on her. At any rate she is mad at me even now as I told her I was not measuring the curtains that I never said that I would so she came and picked them up. I am just so upset by that. I went to reconciliation last night and am trying to get rid of that time and give it to God. It is hard though.

This weekend is the Cornerstone 26 hour retreat. I am supposed to work with the woman that dumped the stuff on my stoop but I called the leader and she will have me do something else. Greg will be home with the children for the most past and my parents will baby-sit when he has to go out. I have no idea now how long I will be there at the retreat, as I do not know what I am doing. I was on the dining room committee and so made some nick knacks for the candidates. I put together 83 angel pins and nine bookmarks. The book marks were a bit complicated and I used my jewelry making skills with that one. The pins were just time consuming. I also went to the cafeteria and measured out the room and made a floor plan to scale at home. I am not going to be on ding room again as none of this seems to be appreciated by that woman.

Greg is not changed much. Today he still hits the snooze alarm to death. I finally yelled at him and he got up but then he was mad at me because I accidentally scratched him. He is such a baby sometimes! Right now I feel like I have three children and Greg is the baby of the family.

I have not heard about the boy yet. I am praying that no new is good news. During the retreat we all prayed for him a couple of times.

No comments: