Thursday, February 5, 2009

Taking a number...

I was supposed to get two MRIs yesterday. We left Anthony with his Poppy and took Lara with us. I had scheduled one at 5:45 and one at 6:15. We got there at 5:30. Well we waited and waited. By 6:25 I was getting a bit miffed so I asked how much longer it was going to be. They told me “a short time they are a little behind”. When I asked what exactly a “little time” was they called the techs. Turns out they had an estimated hour and a half more for me to wait as they had someone in there and there was another person from the ER that had priority over me. So I told them I would reschedule as I just was not going to wait that long. After all my 6 year old daughter was with us and had not had diner yet. We brought crackers but I didn’t want her to wait until I was done. I would not get in until minimum 8 PM. Then I had a good hour or so of imaging to do so the earliest we would leave would be 9 PM. They should have told me when I checked in that it was so far behind. I just know if I had waited it would have ended up being longer than an hour and a half. Usually around here you can safely double that. I just don’t think the medical world gives a hoot about us sometimes. I feel like we should just take a number, step aside, and die in silence. KWIM?

1 comment:

Coppelia said...

I can comment again, I think.