Thursday, December 11, 2008

Preparing for Christmas...

The Christmas photo was taken Tuesday night. I gave the children an early dinner so we could get there fast. Didn’t really help as everyone including Greg dragged their feet in getting dressed to go. Greg had to change from his work clothes and dawdled at it, and the other two children were equally as slow. We did eventually get there. Then Lara shocked us as she started to cling to me and say she was shy. When it was our turn she cried! It took some time to get her to go on Santa’s lap. Anthony was fine the whole time and tried to make Lara feel better. I just don’t get it. She had already sat on Santa’s lap twice this year when we were at the mall. Both times she was happy and telling Santa what she wanted. This time when she was all dressed up she cried. Go figure. She is having problems at school.

We had a conference on Tuesday in the morning. There was the teacher, her special Ed teacher, the gym teacher, the nurse and the psychologist. They are concerned about Lara not staying with the group. She wanders away and does her own thing. She has also wet her pants six times this school year. Also when she does make it to the bathroom she takes a long time and can not button her pants. I can’t get pull up pants, as she is so thin they won’t stay up. I have to get jeans with the inner belt in a regular size so that they are baggy on her. That way the inner belt holds up the pants and she can just pull them up. She is going to start occupational therapy soon so I am hoping she will improve. She also won’t wipe herself after having a BM and this has become a real problem. I just do not know what to do with her. I just know all of this has to do with the Asperger’s that the neurologist talked about with us as a possibility. I think she has it.

Anthony is OK but refuses to go on the pot. What is it with my children and diapers? Why do they love them so? Occasionally Anthony will go on the pot but mostly he says after he has gone that he has gone. I am getting slower and slower on the changing’s as he does not like to be wet or dirty. Maybe that will help him. I do not want to go through the problems with him like I am with his sister. On the positive side he is building more and more complex structures. He loves to build. He also loves to watch the Leap frog DVD’s and is learning a lot from them.

Greg is the same. Always tired always falling asleep on the couch and not going to bed until just before he is supposed to wake up. I am still getting cramps. They were bad this morning but I managed to drive Lara to school. My mid drift is hurting as well, but my eye is still OK. I am getting more pain in my chest though. Again school is a half day and a cold rainy day as well so I am not going out except to get Lara. I do not like driving in the rain. The drivers here are bad enough on dry roads but in the rain they get worse. It just isn’t worth it to go out for anything. It can just wait until we can all be safe.

No comments: